Sunday, January 29, 2012

Main Task - Plot

For my Film Noir main task, I decided to work on my own. This would make it so that I have to be more self-reliant on myself and I know that if I don't complete tasks then I won't get help with it.

The plot for my opening scene I am going to try and make as mysterious as possible. A lot of the opening scenes of Film Noir's I have watched left me wanting to watch on further due to the mysteriousness so I will be trying to attempt and reenact this in my opening. Something I really want because of this is a murder. I've noticed that a lot of murders are not shown in Film Noir's which is also something I plan on doing in my opening which will add even more to the mystery. Due to the small budget available I will be unable to create a traditional fill in my opening so will instead make my Film Noir based in modern times. I will still however try and keep typical conventions of Film Noir in my opening scene. The opening will involve a man, who will also be a narrator, walking down his street into his home. During his walk will be where the narration takes place developing the narrative and storyline for the film. I also want this man to be smoking as I think this will add to the conventions of Film Noir although I will need to find someone willing to. The man will finish his cigarette and go into his home. He will hang up his jacket and go into his living room turning on a lamp. We will then move out the door and see another male character in his house holding a gun and walking into the living room. The scene will end with the shot being fired. I believe ending the scene with the murder will be the biggest mystery of my whole opening scene.

Something I really want in my opening scene is a one continuous shot. I have seen in a lot of Film Noir openings this used and it is very effective and looks very professional when done right. However, because of it being one continuous shit lasting two minutes everything will have to be perfect for it to go right. I think this is something I will need to decide on later in my production.

No comments:

Post a Comment